Almost all writers visualize their target market while writing their copy and picture that ideal customers reading it. This means they assume website visitors like those who read printed text. But in reality, these two demographics are different from each other” emphasis, Samuel Nathan Kahn.
“What converts the visitors into consumers is how clearly the website content pronounces your corporate ability to solve their needs. In fact, the beautiful design of a site doesn’t matters if content written has no structure to guide the visitors.”
Actually, the website visitors never treat web pages like book readers who spend their weekend reading their favorite magazine or novel. Instead of this, they look for the words they need. And if visitors cannot find the words they are looking for, after few quick glances, they jump off to the next webpage.
Understanding the difference between print copy and web copy will help you in devising the website content tactics you always think of. If still in the search for writing engaging web content, following content writing tips should help you:
- Put Crucial Information First: Writing for a website is completely different from writing an essay or a paper. Remember, you are not telling a story to readers. Your purpose is to inform the customers about product or services you are trying to vend to them.
There is a need to write in a way that persuades them to purchase it. Hence, start by putting crucial information which includes what you offer, how much it costs and other special offers, at the top.
- Use Headings: Writing copy for website scanner require to organize content efficiently. So, the headlines are crucial. Actually, heading grabs the attention of visitors and give them a quick idea about a particular section.
Make sure the headlines are clear and to the point, says Sam Kahn. Furthermore, they must communicate what the product or services at that website are offering.
- Avoid Clever Phrasing: Clever phrases needs individuals to think. And asking customers to think, doesn’t work on the website as the visitor are hunting and they do not have time to think. Hence, this is important to keep the website copy as simple as possible.
In reality, you should write as if you are writing for individuals less than 20. This approach will make your web copy easy to follow.
- Use Familiar words: This is difficult to engage an audience with your website copy without familiar words. For instance, if customers want to purchase shoes, they look for somewhat trendy or stylish. And if individuals want to fly to Bangkok, they are looking for the cheap flight or affordable flight.
This is according to Samuel Nathan Kahn that stylish and cheap are care-words that resonate very well in above-discussed cases. The same tactic holds true for virtually every product or services you are trying to mart.
- Use Captions, Quotes, and Images: Combination of quotes, images, and a caption is an effective way to convey your product information without many efforts. Use a simple and easy to understand image that delivers your idea and also includes the short caption.
In this modern era, the visitors to your site are likely to be impatient. If they did not find quickly what they want, they will move on. Follow the above tips by Sam Kahn while creating content for the website and see how the conversion rate soar.